Friedberg Eye Associates P.A.
Ophthalmologists & Optometrists located in Woodbury, NJ & Mullica Hill, NJ
Eyelid surgery is an ideal choice for patients who want to eliminate sagging skin on the upper and/or lower eye lids for cosmetic purposes or to improve their vision functionally. Friedberg Eye Associates offers eyelid surgery as an option to patients in Woodbury, New Jersey.
Eyelid Surgery Q & A
What is eyelid surgery?
Whether you want to improve your appearance or are experiencing functional problems with your eyelids, eyelid surgery can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes. Dr. Andrea Friedberg often performs these surgeries with laser or radiofrequency technologies.
Dr. Friedberg is one of few surgeons in the area who performs removal of smaller lid lesions such as skin tags and milia on the eyelid/facial regions.
Eyelid surgery can treat the following:
- Drooping eyelids that prevent full visual field superiorly or to the side
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Fat prolapse that appears as puffiness in the eyelids (bags)
- Drooping of the lashes which can impair vision
- Laxity of the lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
- Various lesions both benign and cancerous
- Cholesterol deposits in the lid skin
- Chalazia or glandular blockages
- Inward turning or outward turning of the lower lid
What results should patients expect?
A CO2 laser is usually utilized for most of these procedures. Dr. Andrea Friedberg will properly diagnose the problem and recommend the best type of treatment to alleviate symptoms. Patients are pleased with the results of eyelid surgery. Patients experience little or no pain, have few restrictions and heal rapidly. This surgery can restore vision that was compromised by droopy eyelids, and it can help the patient to look more youthful and feel more confident. If removing cancerous lesions, eyelid surgery by Friedberg Eye Associates can help preserve your life. The incisions are carefully hidden in these surgeries and are not visible subsequently.
Where is the surgery performed?
Surgery is done as an outpatient procedure at the Gloucester County Surgery Center or Select Surgery Center. Both surgery centers have state-of-the-art equipment and have an excellent nursing staff.
LASIK & PRKmore info
Dry Eyesmore info
Dry Eye Treatmentmore info
Macular Degenerationmore info
Diabetic and Retinal Diseasemore info
Eye Exammore info
Glasses & Sunglassesmore info
Contact Lensesmore info
Pediatric Eye Caremore info
Laser Eye Proceduresmore info
Laser Facial Rejuvenationmore info
Eyelid Surgerymore info
Urgent Caremore info
Diagnostic Testingmore info